Thursday, May 24, 2007

Of all the STUPID, DISGRACEFUL shit I've seen while doing what I do...

...this REALLY ranks WAY up there.

If you live in Wichita, duck because here it comes, both barrels

Recently, the Wichita Police Department decided to honor themselves with commemorative coins for their dilligence. 30 plus years worth in fact, in capturing Dennis Rader, the BTK serial killer. They spent between five and six thousand dollars of TAXPAYER monies to reward some 1200 people who helped catch Rader. Of course it helped that the serial killer drew a map to his house practically but why should THAT fact stop the Wichita PD from showering themselves in glory much like the now infamous 'Saturday Morning Awards Ceremony' on February 26, 2004 with emcee Police Chief Norman Williams.

I mean you bungled the case for 30 years, why stop at coins? You should ALL receive homes plated in GOLD so EVERYONE in Sedgwick County knows YOU were involved. Maybe gold inlayed swimming pools would be a proper use of taxpayer money. You could make a tiled gold bottom outlining the WPD logo. Maybe jeweled roofing for your homes would show residents of Wichita YOU were involved.

Oh, I'm sorry, did you suffer an awful lot trying to catch him? Did your lives change drastically while hunting him? Then get a few thousand more coins made for the residents who had to run inside and check their phone lines each night, the residents who would stay up all night with guns and freaking out at any little noise or disturbance.

Where does this end? When do you STOP honoring yourselves for what MANY people consider to be SHODDY police work?

Here now are images of the coins they are rewarding themselves with (the backs come complete with the names of BTK's victims):






Might I suggest a DIFFERENT coin design?

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What exactly is it that you "do," Witch King? Being an internet detective is a far cry from standing next to dead bodies IRL and scouring crime scenes for clues in the days before modern forensics and DNA and all of the other sophisticated techniques that make crimes somewhat easier to solve today.

Ken Landwehr is a hell of a good cop who has devoted his entire career to solving the btk crimes - turning down promotions so that he could stay on the case. If that isn't dedication, I don't know what is.

If WPD are such bumbling Keystone Kops, then why didn't the KBI or the FBI have the case wrapped up 30 years ago? Further, if you are so very good at whatever it is that you "do," then why didn't you publicly announce the real name of btk right after he resurfaced?

I realize that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but as a native Wichitan who lived through the btk years and remembers way more that she wishes she did, I disagree strongly with your harsh criticism.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Witch King of Angmar said...

There we go, im1096, good honest open debate. I'm all for that, I also thank you for your commentary.

Now, what is it that I do? Am I a cop? No, I'm not. What I do, is RESEARCH, lots and lots of hours worth of sleuthing, digging and research. SOME OF which I SHARE with police departments. I offer consulting to some. I offered to do some for Wichita PD as a matter of fact and the next reply I get from them will be my first. I have sent the image of Robert Bowman to DOZENS of police departments in communities where he might be wandering in the southern parts of America. I ACTIVELY seek his capture.

If I had had the SAME access to EVERYTHING the KBI, FBI and WPD had in their posession, MAYBE, and it's simply a slight MAYBE, I MIGHT have found something of value. If you were around at CatchBTK.com, which you might well have been, you'll recall it was I who was waving his arms screaming for them to look at municipal/utility workers. Sadly my guess was a telephone repair man (which he did use as a 'russ' in the Vickie Wegerle murder). I didn't guess ADT installer or dog cop, but I did say municipal worker.

Also, my MAIN complaint here is the WASTE of money on an honor for themselves that is completely unnecessary, and in my view, completely undeserved.

I respect you sticking up for, and defending the WPD, you might find it strange but I do. I like someone who is willing to take the time and effort to pay attention to their local community and try to make it better.

If you'll read down the pages here I think you'll see I hold my former hometown to the same standards.

How we go about getting results is what separates us.

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have preferred a private message because I don't feel that a public dressing down of someone is appropriate, but I feel that even after this was posted severeal years ago, I still needed to say something. My family was directly involved in the case. I am highly offended by your comments. You seem to find it so simple to demonstrate your "investigative' skills, why haven't you joined a PD or the FBI? obviously, you feel that NO ONE is as capable as you are.
So, let's look at facts. You're X old (not my business) and have access to internet, prior investigative findings, failed leads, etc. Were you even alive during that time? Not likely, as my family member is venerable at this age.
Are you also aware that the police can't just walk up to people and accuse them of murder without proof "beyond a shadow of doubt", as laws state? And did you consider the resources that were available for investigative work in the 70's? And please don't think for one second, that the police working that case were not deeply involved with the feelings of the residents, which the rest of my family was as well.
So, yeah. You struck a chord on this one. I think you are out of line and short on knowledge and use your personal opinion to bash the WPD without due cause.
So, before you go attacking someone for a "Bungling" investigation and determining how they feel about said case, maybe you should ask them how they feel about it all.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home